Friday, March 6, 2009

Allusive Poem - Final



My Rightful Place

Getting beat down by tricks,
Listening to hurtful lies,
Getting knocked down on my feet,
Being bombarded by homework,
All part of the steepness
Of the mountain of life.

Climbing little by little,
With my hands I call friends,
And my feet I call family,
Helping me get higher each day.

It seems impossible to climb to the top,
To where I want to be, to be what I want to be,
And like the Golden Fleece,
It is almost impossible to imagine obtaining.
Unlike that courageous rightful heir,
It is not for a throne,
Or to gain my rightful place.
I do it not even knowing the point,
Of all this hard work and effort.

But I am too high to climb down,
And I must not look back,
Because seeing my past decisions,
Will stall me from reaching the top.

I will continue to climb,
Some days higher than others,
Completing every task thrown at me.
Even if the task is as hard,
As plowing a field with two fire-breathing bulls,
I will refuse to fall or slip,
And I will do whatever it takes,
Just to see the peak of life,
And the spectacular view,
Of what just might be,
My rightful place.

No comments: